Summer 2022 Textbook Rental Check-in Deadlines
- Morris: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Crookston: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Twin Cities: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Rochester: Friday, August 12, 2022
Textbook/Course Material Rental Agreement
- I understand that the material I am renting is property of the University of Minnesota Bookstore. I am responsible for keeping the book/material in a usable condition for the duration of my rental period, including any accompanying parts (i.e. solutions manual, CDs, etc).
- I will assess the condition of the book/material upon receiving it to ensure it does not have any damage (water stains, wear and tear, excessive highlighting/writing) or it is in a condition that is acceptable to me. I have 7 days from the date of receiving the book/material to report any found damage, by using Contact Us and selecting my campus store (Twin Cities students select “Textbook Rental & Buyback").
- I understand that if I would like to return the rental item for a full refund, I must do so within the return policy for course materials for the term (i.e. the first week of classes). Any book/material rented after that date will be considered final and rental fees will be non-refundable.
End of Semester Procedure
- If I decide to keep the book/material I rented, I must reach out using Contact Us to coordinate how to pay the buy-out fee*.
- If I damage or lose the rental item, I must reach out using Contact Us to coordinate how to pay the buy-out fee*.
- Otherwise, I must return the book/material to the Bookstore by the rental check-in deadline above, and it must be in a usable condition, without water damage, excessive wear and tear or highlighting/writing. The Bookstore reserves the right to reevaluate the condition of the rental item within 30 days of the check-in deadline.
- I authorize the Bookstores to charge my student account the replacement fee** if I do not return it by the rental check-in deadline mentioned above. I am responsible to pay for any additional fees caused by this charge.
*The buy-out fee is the difference between the original rental fee and the cost of purchasing the same title.
**The replacement fee is the amount to purchase another copy at the condition you originally rented.