Academic Savings Program
The University of Minnesota Bookstore offers special educational savings to eligible students, staff and faculty on the technology you need to succeed in and out of the classroom. This special program can save you thousands of dollars on computers, software and peripherals.
Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following individuals are eligible to purchase through the computer technology program.
- Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
- Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Eligible Purchase Quantity
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the computer technology program will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic year:
- a. Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- b. Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- c. Laptop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- d. Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- e. Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
- f. iSight: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- g. iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year
Statement of Eligibility
A. I represent that I am a member of one of the defined groups above, eligible to purchase and that my purchase does not exceed the Eligible Purchase Quantity as defined above.
B. I represent that I am a member of one of the defined groups above eligible to purchase and that the products being purchased are for my own personal, education, and /or research use.
Technology Return Policy
This policy covers Apple Computers, Sony Computers, Toshiba Computers, Fujitsu Computers, iPods, and Printers
Opened products are not returnable.
Unopened products may be returned within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase with original receipt and Technology Purchase Agreement.
Customized, configured-to-order products may not be returned under any circumstances.
If your Apple product is defective or inoperable upon first use, please contact Apple Technical Support at 1-800-800-2775. If your other technology product is defective or inoperable upon first use, please contact 612-626-0522. Such a defect, if any, is covered under the terms of your product's warranty. Please refer to the warranty information and other support documentation that came with your product.